The National Park Service recently added several new resources to their African American Civil Rights Network. This preservation program unites both tangible and intangible resources to tell a more comprehensive narrative of the civil rights movement in the United States.
The new Network members are:
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument in Florida
- Delta Center for Culture and Learning in Mississippi
- Mosquito Beach Historic District plus 5 other sites in South Carolina
- Contraband and Freedom Cemetery in Virginia
- Association of African American Museums in Washington, D.C.
More information about the Network is here.