Celebrate the 150th birthday the tree planting holiday in Nebraska – the birthplace of Arbor Day.
This year there are millions of reasons to celebrate: It’s the 150th anniversary of the holiday and the 50th anniversary of the Arbor Day Foundation – a Nebraska nonprofit that has planted and distributed nearly 500 million trees in more than 50 countries!
Here are a few ways to celebrate across the state:
- Explore Treetop Village — the only place in the U.S. where you can visit 11 tree houses connected by bridges and netted walkways.
- Join a weekend filled with Arbor Day events April 29-May 1, 2022. Hike the wooded trails, go tree climbing, and take a guided tour among 150+ heirloom apple varieties at Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City.
- Visit Nebraska National Forest, the largest hand-planted forest in the world — perfect for camping, hiking and picnicking.
- Wander Fontenelle Forest, one of Nebraska’s National Natural Landmarks, featuring 1,400 acres of forest and 17 miles of trails.
- Refuel with a Farm & Forest Dinner at Timbers.
- Sample signature wines, apple cider, and hard cider at the newly rebuilt Apple House Market.
- Enjoy the views of the 16-acre Hazelnut Field (the second largest in the U.S.) and sleep peacefully surrounded by trees at Lied Lodge at Arbor Day Farm
For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org