Adventures abound at ACE Adventure Resort in West Virginia’s New River Gorge National Park, with six one outdoor experiences for solo travelers, adventure-lovers, couples and entire families:
- Gauley Season: Fall Gauley Season is when rushing waters are released from the Summersville Dam to create some of the highest quality and quantity of rapids in the country. It takes place in September and October, attracting whitewater enthusiasts from across the globe. Learn more here.
- West Virginia Craft Brewery Showcase (9/2): Local brewers gather to show off their tasty beverages at ACE’s Lost Paddle Bar & Grill. Tickets include a commemorative glass, five tastings, live music on the deck and can be purchased here.
- New River Gorgeous Trail Run (10/1): The 21st Annual New River Gorgeous Trail Run & Walk hostsg a half-marathon, 10K run, or a 5 mile walk through deep hardwood forests with spectacular views of the New River and the historic town of Thurmond. Registration here.
- Bridge Day (10/15): With over 100k spectators expected this October, West Virginia’s largest single-day festival Bridge Day is back, and provides an experience like no other. Spend a day by the river as hundreds of BASE jumpers parachute off of the 879-foot-tall New River Gorge Bridge. ACE will offer Bridge Day rafting excursions that finish approximately 50 feet from all of the action; then afterwards join ACE for food, craft beer, cocktails, and live music!
- Monster Bash (10/29): Spooky season calls for partying with the monsters and dancing to tunes from ACE’s House DJ (TBA). There will be special appearances from their haunted house monsters, as well as tarot card readings, themed cocktails and Ouija board sessions. Ticket info here!
- Rim to River 100 (11/4 – 11/5): West Virginia’s first and only ultra-marathon, a 100-mile trail race through the New River Gorge and ACE Adventure Resort. The trail runs along waterfalls, whitewater and stunning views, with sights of ghost towns, centuries-old cemeteries and abandoned mine shafts. Join the waitlist here.
ACE offers a variety of stay packages and accommodations that include camping, cabin and chalet options, plus a multitude of outdoor activities. The resort is located on 1,500 acres of stunning wilderness and is within a 4 hour drive of Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Greensboro and a 75 minute drive from Charleston, WV.