The new Inbounds Uphill Travel E-Learning Course from the Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) explains how to use the gear and how to apply the skills you need to learn how to skin uphill inbounds at a resort this season.
Uphill travel, also called “skinning” or “touring,” is where skiers and riders attach skins – equipment that grips the snow – to the bottom of their skis or snowboard to travel uphill, according to PSIA Telemark Team Coach Gregory Dixon
The free course includes content for alpine skiers, snowboarders, and telemark skiers.
Take this course to:
- Learn all the benefits of skinning uphill.
- Familiarize yourself with touring equipment and how to use it.
- Learn about inbound access at resorts and safety considerations.
- Get tips on skinning techniques and best practices.
Here’s how to access the course:
- Visit https://lms.thesnowpros.org/lms-courses/
- If you’re a member, log in.
- If you’re a non-member, click on Create a Free Non-Member PSIA-AASI Account, then create a username and password, and return to https://lms.thesnowpros.org/lms-courses/
- Scroll down and click on the Uphill Travel E-Learning course.
- Click on Add to Cart (you will not be charged, the course is free).
- Click on View Cart then click on Proceed to Checkout.
- Once you check out, click the link in blue to access the course.