We observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15 by celebrating the contributions, cultures, and histories of Americans of Hispanic descent.
Some ways to acknowledge and celebrate Hispanic heritage are:
- Explore the geography of Latin America
- Visit the National Park Services Hispanic Heritage website
- Enjoy Latinx music on the radio or television
- Visit an art museum
- Make a paper-bag piñata, or paint a Peruvian bird gourd
- Take Spanish conversational classes online
During this month, there are special programs on National Public Radio podcasts, playlists, and social media reflecting on the diversity of the Latinx community. Check it out here.