Got little kids?
Fall is a great time to travel—discounted rates, fewer people and cooler weather. Bring the grandparents along!
Consider Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on the Pacific coast that besides great beaches, offers a lively culinary scene (including more than 500 taco trucks!), galleries galore, festivals and eco-tourism activities, like with sea turtles. The Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board is hosting a “Fall is Family Time” Twitter party Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 9pm ET so families can share their best tips and tricks for fall getaways, preparing kids for a beach vacation, and introducing new cultures so our kids are comfortable travelers even before they arrive.
They’re also sponsoring a six night vacation for a family of four so you can see for yourselves how special Puerto Vallarta is for families.
GET READY FOR FALL FAMILY TRAVELS
“Fall is Family Time” is the topic of our Twitter Chat on Thursday, September 8, 2016 from 9pm – 10pm EDT.
Please join us and share your tips:
- Planning fall getaways and finding good deals
- Young children and the pleasures of sun, sand and surf
- Introducing little ones to a new culture and language in Mexico
- Creative ways to encourage kids to try new foods
- What are your must-haves to keep children comfortable while traveling?
GET MORE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
This Twitter event is being sponsored by the beach resort town of Puerto Vallarta on Mexico’s Pacific Coast. If you follow them @PuertoVallarta you already know that this destination is famous for its beautiful beach and calm surf; friendly people; art galleries and small museums; locally sourced, fresh cuisine; wonderful resorts and charming boutique hotels; water sports and eco-tours; even Mexican folk dance classes in the main square. Join us Thursday, September 8 from 9pm-10pm ET to learn why Puerto Vallarta is ideal for an easy, authentic, relaxing Mexican holiday — one where you and your entire family can reconnect.
All you have to do is register using the widget below, then follow the hashtag #VallartaFamilyTime September 8th and add it to your tweets and comments, so that everyone can share your tips.
YOU CAN WIN A TRIP TO PUERTO VALLARTA
There will be great tips, conversation and of course prizes! Chat participants will have the chance to win one of four prizes. We will be giving away 3 Visit Puerto Vallarta Beach Bags as well as a Grand Prize! The Grand Prize* is a 6 night stay for 4 in Puerto Vallarta. The Grand Prize Winner will have their choice of picking three nights at two of these amazing hotels:
Each of the hotels welcomes your family of four (two adults and two children 12 and under) for three nights including daily breakfast. As our Grand Prize winner, you will be first to make your choice of the two you prefer. Note that some properties are beachfront all-inclusive resorts and some are charming boutique hotels in the Old Town — within easy walking distance of great nightlife and dining — so research the options online, follow each one on Twitter, and choose carefully!
Beach Bag winners will be announced at the conclusion of the Chat on September 8th.
Trip prize winner will be announced by Wednesday, September 14th.
*Trip does not include airfare
REGISTER NOW TO LEARN FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THE BEST FALL VACATION EVER
HOW TO JOIN A TWITTER CHAT
Here’s how the chat works:
- Log in to Twitter at http://twitter.combefore the chat starts at 9:00 PM ET. You can follow the conversation without being a Twitter member, but will not be able to comment unless you are logged in.
- Enter the hashtag #VallartaFamilyTime into the search bar and select the “All” search option to follow the conversation in real time (you will see all of the tweets coming in that incorporate that hashtag).
- Remember to always add the hashtag #VallartaFamilyTime to your tweets.
- Only those who have RSVP’d through the widget above and met the requirements of our sponsor will be eligible to win the Grand Prize family vacation.
We’ll see you at the Chat and look forward to hearing your tips.
Can’t wait to start? Please share your tips in the Comments field below and let us know you’ll be joining!
Note! This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question, and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.
GET MORE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
This Twitter event is being sponsored by the beach resort town of Puerto Vallarta on Mexico’s Pacific Coast. Follow them @PuertoVallarta