Due to a number of recent cancellations, OARS has opened a limited number of spaces on several 2022 Grand Canyon rafting and dory trips in late summer and early fall. Cancellations that could mean the last-minute trip-of-a-lifetime for a few lucky adventurers.
“We’ve been running trips in Grand Canyon for more than 50 years and this kind of opportunity just doesn’t come around very often,” Steve Markle, OARS vice president of sales and marketing, said. “We’re excited to offer a few spontaneous adventurers the opportunity of a lifetime and an awe-inspiring experience in the greatest canyon on Earth—without the wait.”
And the fun doesn’t stop there, with late season trips in the desert southwest delivering well into the fall, OARS has rounded up the top five trips you don’t want to miss:
- The Colorado River through Cataract Canyon has it all: breathtaking scenery, multiple days of relaxing flat water, and one action-packed day of Class III-IV whitewater rafting, epic hikes, unparalleled access to Canyonlands National Park, and dramatic red rock scenery. And don’t forget those starry nights. Canyonlands is a Gold-Tier International Dark Sky Park.
- The Green River through Desolation Canyon is deeper in some places than Grand Canyon at the Bright Angel Trail, featuring scenic red rock canyon walls that tower overhead. This nearly untouched canyon is also family friendly, with more than 50 Class II-III rapids which can be navigated via oar raft, inflatable kayak, or paddle raft. It’s the perfect trip to sneak in before school starts.
- The Colorado River through Westwater Canyon is available as a two- or three-day trip that features stand-up paddleboarding, inflatable kayaking and exploring in a scenic canyon followed by a day of exhilarating whitewater that includes numerous Class III and IV rapids. It’s no wonder National Geographic called this, the “West’s Best Short Whitewater Trip.”
- The Green River through the Gates of Lodore twists through a catacomb of scarlet slot canyons, yawning valleys and lush ledges of emerald evergreen and brush. This popular rafting adventure through the heart of Dinosaur National Monument offers fun whitewater, scenery that rivals Grand Canyon, gorgeous side hikes, and beach camping at its best. Dinosaur National Monument Certified is also an International Dark Sky Park.
- Stillwater & Cataract Canyon Hiker boasts unrivaled hiking access to remote regions of Canyonlands along the Green and Colorado Rivers. This unique and active Moab vacation takes you far away from the crowds, combining tranquil floating and whitewater rafting on the Green and Colorado Rivers with a backstage pass to Canyonlands National Park during peak hiking season..
For dates, availability, and to book now, call the OARS team: 1-800-346-6277