Six Flags Great Adventure’s winter festival, Holiday in the Park, will shine brighter than ever with millions of glittering lights, festive foods, thrilling, new rides, and holiday entertainment.
Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience, which debuted in 2020, will return by popular demand. From November 13, 2021 through January 9, 2022, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park will transform into an eye-popping winter wonderland. This immersive and enchanting holiday experience will offer guests two ways to experience the joy of the holidays. Coordinated sights, sounds, scents, and attractions will give each section a distinct character. The events are included with all active Memberships and Season Passes.
“Holiday in the Park and our Drive-Thru Experience deliver world-class entertainment for all ages and unparalleled thrills that only Six Flags Great Adventure can provide,” said Park President John Winkler. “Both events provide a way for families to enjoy the spirit of the holidays while making lasting memories together.”
Opening for its seventh season, Holiday in the Park will debut new attractions in 2021:
- Festive Fireside – Bathed in a warm red, orange and yellow glow, this new section will boast the triple record-breaking Jersey Devil Coaster, which opened earlier this season. A “hot,” new character, Chris P. Sizzle, will welcome guests with his spicy wit. The park’s Food Services team will turn up with heat with delicious eats at Jersey Devil BBQ and Jersey Devil S’mores;
- Light Shows – Every 15 minutes in Merry Market Place, Merry Light Show trees will come to life as their lights “dance” to a whimsical soundtrack. Nearby, kids can ask Santa Claus for holiday wishes, and pose beneath the three-story inflatable Stewie the Snowman. In Wild Lights National Park, the Wilderness Theater stage will sparkle every 30 minutes during Mrs. Claus’ Wild Lights;
- Winter Wizard – This seasonal sorcerer will join the Royal Court, ready to conjure up frosty charm as he meets guests in Deck the Halls;
- Decking the Halls with Doc Swan – Master illusionist Doc Swan will bring his signature magic and eye-popping surprises to Deck the Halls as he makes the season merry and bright;
- Street Entertainment – Elves are on the loose! Elf Patrol will bring fun and games to the streets, while the Ice Pops elf duo will breakdance their way into guests’ hearts;
- Jersey Devil Coaster & Lil’ Devil Coaster – The theme park recently debuted its fourteenth roller coaster, Lil’ Devil Coaster — the junior counterpart to the massive, new Jersey Devil Coaster. Both rides will be available for Holiday in the Park, weather permitting; and
- Sweet Treats, Proudly Serving Starbucks® — Guests can warm themselves by the fire with a delicious specialty coffee from Sweet Treats, now proudly serving Starbucks.
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions will return, including Frost, an icy cirque spectacular in the Showcase Theatre; Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season, an LED light show on the park’s five-story tree; festive fire pits for toasting s’mores; holiday eats like hot turkey platters, seasonal beers, and spiked egg nog; holiday photo opportunities; the Royal Court including Snow Queen, Peppermint Princess, and more; and Joy to the World, a tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries, and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world. Six Flags will continue to offer two opportunities to give to those less fortunate. The Holiday Friends plush toy program will donate one adorable plush for every plush purchased, and the Holiday Craze Mirror Maze will give $1 of each pass purchased to local college scholarship foundations.
Holiday in the Park will operate Nov. 13 & 14, 20 & 21, 26 to 28; Dec. 4 & 5, 11 & 12, 17 to 19, 23, and Dec. 26 to Jan. 2.