The American Tortoise Rescue (ATR) is “shellebrating” its 22nd international World Turtle Day on May 23 with events worldwide.
A nonprofit organization established in 1990 for the protection of all species of turtles and tortoises, ATR created and launched WorldTurtleDay.org to increase respect for and knowledge about one of the world’s oldest creatures.
Now observed around the globe, turtle and tortoise lovers show their appreciation of the special day by taking “shellfies” and “shellebrating” with events and shares on social media. Millions of turtle lovers in the U.S., Canada, the UK, Borneo, India, Australia, Greece and many other countries worldwide now observe the day with thousands of educational events, parties, fundraisers and more.
Some of the highlights to help make World Turtle Day special include:
- Join the party at home or at work. ATR created a World Turtle Day Party Pack that can be accessed for free here http://bit.ly/1YwebJR.
- Authentic World Turtle Day® shirts and other items are available for sale only through https://www.worldturtleday.org/shop.
- New this year! Join as a Partner https://www.worldturtleday.org/partner
- Join thousands of fans who are posting shellfies, videos, and photos in honor of World Turtle Day.
- Follow @WorldTurtleDay on Twitter. Every year, thousands of people help the day trend by tweeting #worldturtleday and their own photos to spread the good word about turtles.
- Subscribe to our YouTube for the latest turtle and tortoise videos and ideas at www.youtube.com/americantortrescue.