Backroads, the leader in active travel, has released its top picks for a last-minute family adventure – the perfect antidote to summer doldrums and vacation procrastination.
With a few clicks of the mouse or a phone call, families open the door to a world of possibility and discovery in iconic US national parks, such as Yosemite, Yellowstone, the Great Smoky Mountains and the Grand Canyon. Or they can venture farther from home to discover the natural beauty and rich cultures of France, Iceland, Switzerland and Canada, among other Backroads destinations. Whether it’s biking, hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, exploring a cave dwelling, learning how to make mozzarella or kids-only fun, Backroads has options for every member of the family.
With over 30 years of experience in family travel, Backroads handles the planning and logistics of hundreds of Biking, Walking & Hiking and Multi-Adventure vacations around the world. Parents trust Backroads to do the heavy lifting for an active summer vacation so they can just show up and have a blast with their kids. From riding family-friendly bike paths in the Czech Republic to saddling up for a horseback ride with local wranglers in Montana or kayaking in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of Mallorca, there’s never a dull moment on a Backroads family trip.
Snapshot of Backroads Family Trips with Space Available Include:
- Basque Country Multi-Adventure Tour
- Brittany & Normandy Bike Tour
- Bryce, Zion & Grand Canyon Multi-Adventure Tour
- California’s Yosemite Multi-Adventure Tour
- Czech Republic & Austria Multi-Adventure Tour
- Great Smoky Mountains Multi-Adventure Tour
- Loire Valley Bike Tour
- Maine’s Acadia Multi-Adventure Tour
- Oregon’s Bend & the Cascades Multi-Adventure Tour
- Portugal Multi-Adventure Tour
- Spain’s Mallorca Multi-Adventure Tour
- Spanish Pyrenees to Costa Brava Multi-Adventure Tour
- Switzerland Multi-Adventure Tour
- Wyoming’s Yellowstone & Tetons & Montana’s Big Sky Multi-Adventure Tour
- Wyoming’s Yellowstone & Tetons Multi-Adventure Tour
For the complete collection of Backroads Family Trips and for more information, visit Backroads.com or call 800-462-2848.