Breckenridge, Colorado is a year-round mountain destination that delivers bucket list-worthy vacations for every type of traveler. With several exciting new lodging, dining, wellness and outdoor adventure offerings launching this summer, the town will be more vibrant than ever.
Create Unforgettable Family Memories:
Between the mountain playground, family events and kid-friendly dining, it’s no surprise that Breckenridge was selected as a Good Housekeeping 2023 Family Travel Award-winning destination. Chosen as a result of the wide-range of activities available for all ages and abilities, families seeking a laid-back summer vacation destination will create meaningful memories together in Breckenridge. Spend days exploring trails on two feet or two wheels, travel 1,000 feet below ground into a historic gold mine at Country Boy Mine, mush with Siberian Huskies on a summer dog sledding tour or experience signature summer thrills on the Gold Runner Coaster at Epic Discovery’s Peak 8 Basecamp. Turn up the adventure with a family-friendly rafting trip, and learn about local wildlife on a guided tour of Cucumber Gulch Wildlife Preserve, the 188-acre open-space conservation area less than one mile from Main Street.
- B Like Breckenridge™ Tip: Friends of Breckenridge Trails hosts trail work days throughout the summer, where volunteers can participate in the upkeep of local trails, while making a positive community contribution. Families are encouraged to take Breckenridge’s Tree Hugger Challenge.
Dine Around the World at 9,600 Feet:
Enjoy one-of-a-kind dining experiences with options that will satisfy every appetite, from casual pub cravings at a historic floating restaurant, to sophisticated international cuisine at several NEW restaurants. Rave over the mountain Italian family-style menu at Radicato, opened by Breckenridge’s acclaimed Rootstalk owner-chef Matt Vawter or slip away to the South of France at La Francaise Bistrot’s family-owned restaurant serving simple and refined French fare. Also NEW in 2023 are Thai Chili 89, serving authentic Thai street food dishes and Mount Golian Grill, a casual Mongolian restaurant with a unique choose-your-own-adventure style menu. Graze on The Noshing Platter’s gourmet charcuterie arrangements delivered to your door or plan an elegant, boho-style picnic with Pura Vida Picnic Company.
- B Like Breckenridge™ Tip: The Breckenridge Tourism Office (BTO) launched the NEW B Like Breckenridge™ Business Partnership Program to help Breckenridge businesses integrate impactful stewardship practices and visitor education into business operations, in support of the town’s Destination Management Plan.
Sleep in Style:
Opening this spring, Destination Hospitality Group will unveil The Carlin, a NEW three-story “restaurant with rooms” concept blending three businesses together for one hospitality experience. Guests can choose from four luxury suites on the top floor, boasting some of the best mountain views found on historic Main Street. The completely renovated building will also offer two distinctly different dining experiences—an 80-seat open kitchen restaurant with a Pacific Northwest-inspired menu on the ground floor and a 45-seat subterranean space at the Tavern Underground cocktail bar. The SkiWay Lodge is now under NEW local ownership, rebranding as Breckenridge Boutique Hotel, offering 10 lodge-style hotel suites and two brand-new Jacuzzi hot tubs, just steps away from downtown. The romantic and secluded Lodge at Breckenridge completed NEW upgrades at the property, adding 12 additional guest rooms, fully renovating the restaurant and ballroom space and creating an additional guest lounge.
- B Like Breckenridge™ Tip: No car, no problem. NEW this summer, Breckenridge will launch the Breck E-Bike Ride bike share program. The program will include 75 E-bikes across 12 designated hubs to offer in-town commuters a new transportation option that replaces short car trips.
Tap into the Town’s Vibrant Culture and Creativity:
Visitors can express their creative spirit with a variety of workshops, exhibitions and special events happening all summer long in the BreckCreate Arts District, including the Live@Riverwalk concert series and mobile AirStage community events. The National Repertory Orchestra is celebrating their 30th year in Breckenridge this summer. Breckenridge History, in partnership with the Aspen Historical Society, presents the NEW “Seasons of the Nuche: Transitions of the Ute People” at the Breckenridge Welcome Center on display through the end of 2023. The Frosted Flamingo Mobile Art Studio offers a variety of high-quality craft projects for all ages at local venues and private events. The Frosted Flamingo and Continental Divide Winery (the world’s highest winery!) have partnered to offer a monthly ‘Cabernet and Craft’ series at the new VIP Barrel Room Lounge. The Breckenridge Distillery is launching a NEW cocktail workshop focused on the history and creation of their famous Obi-Wan Old Fashioned.
- B Like Breckenridge™ Tip: BreckCreate has a NEW partnership with Precious Plastic, creating opportunities for Breckenridge community members and visitors to transform plastic waste into art. The facility processes discarded plastics like broken, plastic sleds from local sledding hills (almost 3,000 pounds annually!), turning the materials into thicker, reusable sleds for guests to rent through a closed loop system.
Ride the Mountain Wellness Wave:
Connect with your intuition at Be Your Own Guru Wellness Center, a NEW wellness studio on Main Street, offering tarot card readings, reiki energy healing, crystal attunements, individual and private group yoga, foraging hikes and more. Stay grounded with Meta Yoga’s daily Yoga on the Lawn in the Arts District or take to the water with their Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga classes on Maggie Pond. Gravity Haus Breckenridge’s Dryland Fitness offers expert-led group fitness classes and an outdoor Super Trampoline as well as unique recovery modalities like contrast therapy with hot and cold immersion tubs. Aprés with a hand-crafted mocktail paired with a locally-sourced seasonal snack at Cabin Juice, located on the second floor of Gravity Haus.
- B Like Breckenridge™ Tip: Be Your Own Guru Wellness Center has plans to offer a NEW and accessible yoga class that focuses on yoga practices, specifically designed for those with mobility limitations.
Experience Breckenridge’s Robust 2023 Summer Events Calendar:
Breckenridge’s signature events celebrate the town’s rich history, dynamic community, endless creativity, local libations and so much more.
- NEW Breck Pride, June 9-10
- Breckenridge Summer Beer Festival at Beaver Run Resort, July 15
- Breckenridge Food & Wine Festival, July 28-30
- Independence Day Celebration, July 4
- July Art Fest in Main Street Station, July 6-8
- Breckenridge Hogfest: Bacon & Bourbon, Aug. 25-27
- Breck Epic mountain bike race, Aug. 13-18
- August Art Festival in Main Street Station, Aug. 3-5
- Breckenridge International Festival of the Arts (BIFA), Aug. 11-20
- Breckenridge Wine Classic, Aug. 23-25
- Oktoberfest, Sept. 15-17
- Breckenridge Film Festival, Sept. 21-24
- Breckenridge Strings, Ciders & Sours, Sept. 29-Oct 1
- Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival, Oct. 6-8
More information at GoBreck.com